Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have a question about my cats and vents. I moved into a new house 3 months ago. I have 4 cats of my own and 2 kittens that were dumped on my porch, so 6 in total. Our new house has floor vents that lead to the outside, the cats are always going down and escaping. I always manage to get them in, but recently they have started to wander into neighboring yards and even the road. This scares me as I lost a cat in the road as a child,due to my parents carelessness. I have tried everything to keep them in heavy objects on the vents, which prevents us getting heat in the wintertime, stuffed aninals in the vents which they pull out, soup cans stacked. My landlord won't let us drill the vents shut as they need to be cleaned at least yearly. It doesn't help that my family hates them for climbing on the counters and opens the vents periodically. Are there any suggestions for keeping my cats in? I have had them for 4 years now and in our old house I had a cat room for them. Rehome isn't an option ad shelters are full here and I wouldn't do that anyway. Any suggestions about these floor vents? How can I keep them out and keep the vents open for heat to come up?

Thanks,
Jenn.

Wood Rectangle Floor Wood stain Flooring

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts