Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to stop this behavier? The boys in question are from a shelter they were in a home until about 2 weeks ago. They are about 1 year old. But the first day they both jumped on the counters several times. They know they are not supposed to because when I walked in the room they immediately jumped and ran.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's extremely difficult to keep my kitties off the counters, too! I've tried clapping and spraying them with a water bottle when I catch them up there, but they always go back. And half the time I'll know they're on the counter but they jump down before I can catch them in the act.

The best thing I can tell you is to discipline them when they misbehave and try to keep your counters as clean as possible. That's all I've been able to do. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Use double sided tape on the counters so if they jump onto they will have a horrible stick on their paws and won't want to do it again especially if they are getting sprayed with water too afterwards. Remember to sterny say "NO" and sometimes a light tap on the butt will help. Here's a link to a previous post about something similar. Good Luck, it is hard to keep them off of counters and coffee tables.... :D

http://catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=149 ... e60bf4f5fb

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I've hear sticky paws is great -- and you don't have to use it for long -- they won't want to jump up in places that have had negative consequences after a while. petguys.com has stickypaws for pretty cheap. Also -- try putting a citrus flavored solid air freshener in places you don't want your cats -- they don't like the smell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts