Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally our kittos are a refuge,a source of relief from stress. But I'm dealing with 2 abandoned cats and my own,who goes into surgery in 2 weeks. These big beautiful males,spray and bully my cat,so living in my apt is NOT an option. That leaves the basement. I feel terrible. But they are Percy's not well ,and I'm not about to put him in danger. Sometimes I let Percy Zeke and Cody (yeah,I've named 'em,not like I'm ATTACHED or anything) play.

They have food-bought by me-water,and a makeshift litter box.

Did I mention they SPRAY? The basement stinks. They sprayed in my apartment.

But that's not the problem. The problem is dealing with this has been a drain. No one wants these 2. My boy's not feeling good. How can I be a better pawpa-and deal with this stress? Maybe I need ginseng. Or maybe just gin. :lol:

btw how do you get spray-stink out?

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I'm sorry to hear they sprayed in your apartment. I imagine the way to get it out is the same as any pee, as in using enzymatic cleaners, etc.?

But your larger point .... I know exactly what you mean. These kitties bring us some of the best moments and joy in our lives, and can also bring us real stress and sadness. It's definitely a mixed bag, but on balance I think the positives far outweigh the negatives. And in the meantime you've given a great home to an animal that needed one. That alone brings huge satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well, if you can get them neutered, that might help with the spraying in the future. Might also calm them down a bit about picking on your cat. Fixing can do a LOT of good for all the male-type junk.
Not always, though. If you've recently rescued them, then THEY are probably stressed too, and being "bad" as they are confused. After they get used to the place, that might help too.

Ask a rescue/no-kill place near you, if they have room for the two extras?

Oh, and if you can't afford fancy enzyme stuff (like me), plain ol'e white distilled vinegar works decently

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zeke and Cody's little story has come around happi-
-ly!! They've found a home- living together- but it
seemed like we
had woe enough
for into the rough,poor Cody had gone A-way!
but it turns out that under the porch our hero
had gone to play!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Wonderful news!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts