Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops:

I have to ask, how do you deal with your cats wanting to, let's say, butt in on adult playtime?

I close my bedroom door and make sure he has his toys around, but then he paws at the door and lets out these little cries that kind of put a damper on the mood. We learned very quickly to close the door, or else we had a very curious little spectator on our hands :roll: !

He does this when I close the door to go to the bathroom too, but that I don't so much mind since I live alone right now and when my boyfriend is over, we're comfortable enough that it's okay if I leave the bathroom door open. When I'm with my boyfriend and trying to be nice and romantic, though, hearing "Mew, whimper, whimper" on the other side of the door just doesn't help!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Eh we let them watch. They don't pay any attention anyways. If they do happen to jump up on the bed we have a stash of toys at the bedside to throw for them to run away after.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Letting Mammers watch would be way too oogy. Because he does literally just sit there and watch. It makes me feel like a bad mother or something.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You could always bribe him, put out a dish of his favorite canned food in another room. Should keep him occupied for a while.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've tried having things (toys, balled up paper, etc) to throw out of the room, and that doesn't distract him for more than a few seconds. He's a really fast eater, too, so unless we want the session to be kinda "Quickdraw McGraw" :oops: that won't last more than a couple minutes either.

Lol I hope I'm not the only one out there with this problem. Sitting him down and saying "Mr. Aaron isn't hurting mommy, they're just playing" doesn't seem like a viable option :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
LMAO :p :p :p :p

Still can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes our kitty wanders in and decides it is the perfect time for him to get attention. He will sit and watch :oops:

I just pet him for a minute and tell him to close his eyes! :oops: :oops:

(still laughing!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keeter thinks it's time to curl up at the foot of the bed during it. :)

When Spaz was a kitten, she was wayyy too curious and stuck her head umm..in the middle of things...to check out what was going on. Nothing like feeling something furry join in! Gave me the heebie jeebies! lol

Since then she's figured out it's nothing she needs to be involved in (luckily!) and ignores us.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When Spaz was a kitten, she was wayyy too curious and stuck her head umm..in the middle of things...to check out what was going on. Nothing like feeling something furry join in! Gave me the heebie jeebies!
Hahahahaha, that would freak me out so bad.

·
Registered
209 Posts
:lol: I was waiting for some else to start this thread!!!
Out of four, we only have to deal with Surfboard. He is a VERY needy kitty and gets jealous very easy. We don't even have to be "doing" something for him to butt in. A cuddly session on the couch and he's right there demanding attention. We've learned to lock him out of the bedroom though. Talk about right in the middle of things!! :oops: I can't even tell the story...I might get kicked off the forum :oops: :oops: We now leave him and the other kitties on the back porch at night, well most nights. Luckily the other kitties entertain him. For him, it's out of sight out of mind. Plus, keeping them out of bedroom prevents my head from being the landing or launching pad during their night terrors. We don't always lock them out though. You how there are those nights when you just KNOW you're going to sleep...that's when they get to cuddle with us. :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hee Hee! This makes me laugh. I remember when we got Cleveland and he would howl everytime. I was worried the neighbours would think it was me :oops: Better than that, once he got a bit more confident in our house he made a rather vicious swat at a new 'toy' that had appeared apparently from no where. Needless to say Pete had rather watery eyes :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Usually one of the three will come in the room. Sometimes they hop up on the bed, feeling it's a perfect time for them to get some attention. I just give them a gentle push and say not now. They usually hop back off and leave us alone.

Now the new puppy on the other hand. He is driving me crazy. He refuses to let us have adult time. I'm talking few and far between. We moved his cage out of the room and got a baby monitor. I figured that would solve the problem. But it hasn't. I know how you feel :(

BTW....this thread is so funny :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
We have this problem with the dog. We usually just ignore him and let him lay down, but a few times he wanted attention and stuck his head in on the action. Sometimes he tries licking us. Once we looked down to see his chin resting on my thigh. It's so funny and yet... kind of unnerving. :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is one of the reasons my cats aren't allowed in the bedroom. They have free reign everywhere else, but the bedroom is for people only. They cried at first when they were kittens, but now they only bother us when they get hungry.

·
Registered
821 Posts
We lock them out of the bedroom during that and at night. They seem to get the crazies at 4am, and my boyfriend doesn't want to wake up every night to our cats running full force at us. I don't mind, and if I had my way I would leave the door open at night.....but he likes his sleep! As for when we do "that", I always shut the door. I find it kinda creepy having 2 cats sitting there watching us!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Anyone seen the movie with James Belushi and the police dog? :lol:

Well, we've set the rules right from the bat, no cats in the bedroom. So no risk for having two pair of eyes watching us when we're not sleeping. And we happen to chose another place in the house, well then I guess it's our own fault. :D

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I didn't see the movie, but we used to have a collie in bed with us, and that made things a bit awkward...You know, the cats get quite annoyed, but to make them leave the room? Tsk, tsk, where's your respect for royalty? You'll just have to abstain, of course! :wink:

edit/punct.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh hey, I feel like a bad mom, but I just let Sid jump up on bed and sit and stare at us....it's kinda creepy 8O but he will leave eventually if there's just way too much "movement" *LOL* :D Oh, this is a weird but hilarious discussion!

The thing that distracts me the most is when Sid will climb on top of either my husband and I and just sits there like dead weight! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
LOL!

Spaz will sometimes lay on my pillow and make me pet her right in the middle of things. Luckily this is very rare and if I pet her for about 30 seconds she'll go away. We've learned to just ignore when this happens as long as she stays at the head of the bed!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts