Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my cat Blue Boy just got home from getting his teeth cleaned. Daisy is acting like hes a new cat. Hissing at him when she comes near her. Reassure her that hes her brother and that she does not need to be afraid?
i will add a few years ago they were both very sick and had to admitted to intensive care for cats. I am wondering if the familiar smells she associates something bad. Should I The introduce them to each other lock them in separate rooms? I have not been getting much sleep. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
27,039 Posts
Very common reaction - he smells different. I've seen here that putting a drop of vanilla flavoring on the back of both their necks and then rubbing one with a cloth, then the other will help them smell the same. Or try giving them treats together so Daisy will see that being near Blue Boy can be a good thing.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very common reaction - he smells different. I've seen here that putting a drop of vanilla flavoring on the back of both their necks and then rubbing one with a cloth, then the other will help them smell the same. Or try giving them treats together so Daisy will see that being near Blue Boy can be a good thing.
Thanks so much right now I am giving Daisy a time out for herself .locked her in my bed room with soothing music playing. Just to see if it will calm her anxiety down.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys I dont know what to do. Things are escalating daisy is getting more aggressive. I tried the vanilla trick. We are going talk to the vet today. But if things dont change we may have to re home her. But I am affraid about that because shea very nervous cat to begin with and just to uproot her from al she knows and give her up to strangers I dont think she ever be all right.

·
Super Moderator
27,039 Posts
Your heart must be breaking over this. I can't imagine if Cali (RIP) and Charlee were not getting along. A few years ago, Blue Boy was bullying Daisy. Did you ever discover why? I would ask your vet if they thought kitty prozac would help. My sister used it on one of her boys and it worked wonders.

If things don't change, maybe your vet would know someone looking for a "must be the only" cat, someone who recently lost their cat and might be ready to adopt a new one. I've had to rehome a cat because she was physically attacking the twins. She went to a home where she was the only cat and was spoiled rotten.

I'm just throwing ideas out there. This is just so sad to read about.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your heart must be breaking over this. I can't imagine if Cali (RIP) and Charlee were not getting along. A few years ago, Blue Boy was bullying Daisy. Did you ever discover why? I would ask your vet if they thought kitty prozac would help. My sister used it on one of her boys and it worked wonders.

If things don't change, maybe your vet would know someone looking for a "must be the only" cat, someone who recently lost their cat and might be ready to adopt a new one. I've had to rehome a cat because she was physically attacking the twins. She went to a home where she was the only cat and was spoiled rotten.

I'm just throwing ideas out there. This is just so sad to read about.
I think Blue boy was trying to be top cat. Generally they get along . But since Blue Boy came home Daisy is the aggressor. i am at mu whits end. Maybe a little more time this happened on Tuesday but J ust dont lnow what to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry it's gone so wrong for you. I've not had this particular problem but saw this video by Jackson Galaxy. Post Vet Cat Aggression. It and the comments below might help you!
I have a dog grooming glove (not this brand but the picture is useful) that my cats really like. I use it on them and my dogs every day for a short time, I think it's helped them adjust to each others smells: Pet Grooming Gloves » Petagadget

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay we talked to our vet. She told us to get the Feliway wall plug ins and to give her the medication Gabapentin to help calm her. I have her locked the basement for time being see if she if make her relax.

·
Super Moderator
27,039 Posts
I am hoping so much that this will work for everyone's sake.

Plus, one of my brothers is getting on my nerves and I need some new ideas on how to deal with him. I should probably stop watching Snapped.

·
Super Moderator
27,039 Posts
Great news!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts