Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my cat Bat for 1 1/2 years now and recently my cousin found a kitten in the road and almost hit her with his car, so he naturally brought her to the cat lover of the family. Me. I've had her for probably about 2 months now. (Her name's Itty Bitty Kitty by the way.) At first Bat didn't like her, and after a couple days he warmed up to her, which I knew was natural. They slept together and got along perfectly fine. Now suddenly every time she gets near him he hisses at her and smacks her in the face until she runs away. What happened? Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Neko did that to her brother once, for a whole day she wouldn't have anything to do with him and freaked out when he got near her. My mom and I think it had to do with the new shampoo we washed our kittens with, maybe it made him smell different and she didn't like it. But after a day she stopped.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw, at least she's getting along better. I haven't washed him with anything different lately. He's been doing this for probably a week now, it was very sudden. It's like he woke up one day and hated her. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure. I'll probably get her fixed when I get a little money. When I first got her she was too young I think.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Most ppl recommend getting them fixed around 6 months old but my cats nekko and gato were already fixed and healed when I got them, you could just see where they had been shaved but no stitches or anything, they were about 12 weeks old then.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
It could be that your kitty is starting to mature and come into heat....some do at 5 mos. You should have her spayed. At 3-4 mos. old or weighing at least 2 lbs., she can be spayed. Some humane societies spay/neuter even earlier.

·
Banned
602 Posts
Mia was spayed at six weeks old by the humane society because she weighed 2 lbs.. I adopted her at 7 weeks and you would have never known she had surgery one week before. They say its easier the younger they are. They have to weigh at least 2 lbs.. :kittyturn

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had no idea how old she was when I got her, but I was guessing about 6 weeks. I plan to get her spayed very soon since she has matured a little. I was just worried because she was awfully tiny when I got her. :( Poor thing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts