Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got back from Rome – have a bundle of pictures to upload but thought you guys might be particularly interested in these. This is Rome’s cat colony :)

There are around 250 kitties who live in the ruins in Piazza del Argentina. All looked after, fed, neutered and vaccinated and if you are lucky to visit at 4.30pm you also get a free tour of the ruins with the kitties! Obviously I visited a few times and was more than happy to buy a few nick nacks to help support the cause.

There is an indoor area as well but this is where the kitties get to Rome (groan!)

Some of the residents.....

This little fella was blind and lives in the “sick bay” at the moment – he was a real purrer :)

This is the sick bay where those recovering from operations get to recover (and play!!)

And finally this is me, with a new little friend :)

·
Banned
804 Posts
Geez. if only us humans had opprotunities like that, to run and play in amoungst the sun lit ruins of an ancient city while having all our food and medical bills paid for, not a care in the world... and look at that recovery room/sick bay! cleaner than most of our houses! I wouldnt mind someone doing all that for me :p

honestly though. that is something amazing to do for the cats. They are lucky to have that

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh didnt you love Rome? They have the most beautiful buildings!!! I went there 3 years ago and would love to go back. I think I have a couple pictures some where of the ruins and one or two cats, Ill have to dig them up and we will have to swap pictures!!!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If only I'd known that was there when we visited Rome 2 years ago! I would have loved to have visited.

Beautiful city, beautiful cats.

seashell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts