Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was eating some olives the other night & my big 16lbs cat was all over me trying to get a taste of one & I caught him a few months back lapping on olive oil I had on the table for dipping bread in (good this I saw it before dipping the bread). I know that the oil is probably not a good thing for him but would a nice black pitted olive be so bad for him to eat? Anyone else notice this behavior in their cats? my other cat doesn't seem to share the olive interest. I would think the high salt content would not be a good thing for a cat with any olive diet but perhaps once in a while??

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Cats and olives

Yes, I read on another thread a while back that several cats here like olives. So tried giving one to Jimmy. He was totally un-impressed :roll:

seashell

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
you know it, Padunk!! :D

He goes bonkers for them! Black olives not so much, but he'll get violent over green ones. I talked to my vet about it. She looked surprised, but said that if he likes them so much, feel free to give him a little bit here and again. I interpreted "a little bit" to mean a little piece of one olive every once in a while. He's always left my olive oil alone, though. *shrug*

·
Registered
50 Posts
My female will actually bat at me until I give her one to lick. Those little green manzanilla olives. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts