Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one else's kitten/cat play fetch? Jim and I thought this was the COOLEST thing! We even video-taped it because we'd never seen anything like it before.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Clover taught us to play fetch when she was a kitten, but she doesn't do it anymore. :( One day she just came up to me with a ball, dropped it at my feet, and when I finally figured out that she wanted me to throw it, went and fetched it... it was soooo cute!! But she gradually stopped doing it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My Boyfriend's mom's cat plays fetch. None of mine do though :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
No fetchers for me. But one of the cats at my parents' herds the other cat. When he was brought into the family, he bonded more to the dog - a border collie - than the other cat. I think he thinks he's a dog.

·
Registered
192 Posts
KittyEnvy said:
No fetchers for me. But one of the cats at my parents' herds the other cat. When he was brought into the family, he bonded more to the dog - a border collie - than the other cat. I think he thinks he's a dog.
lol!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Cleveland's favourite game is fetch but only with a little coily toy or certain mice :D That's how I cook in relative peace without Cleveland 'helping'
Throw toy, he chases, I get veg, toy comes back
Throw toy, he chases, peel, toy comes back
Throw toy, he chases, cut veg, toy comes back........

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Misty said:
Cleveland's favourite game is fetch but only with a little coily toy or certain mice :D That's how I cook in relative peace without Cleveland 'helping'
Throw toy, he chases, I get veg, toy comes back
Throw toy, he chases, peel, toy comes back
Throw toy, he chases, cut veg, toy comes back........
Sounds very familiar! Not only do we have to keep Skeeter busy while we're cooking, but while we're eating too. He has this nasty little habit of jumping up in our laps when we are at the dinner table to investigate what kind of food we're eating. Since he's getting better about not jumping onto the table, he's started reaching out with his little paw to try to grab a morsel. LITTLE STINKER! He takes a lot of "squirt bottle showers" during meal time. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Aww, how cute.

Both of my kitties play fetch, but one of them will only do it when we are laying in bed, tossing a toy off of the bed.
One of my cats even sits & gives paw, among other things, so, yes, one of my cats is Very dog-like!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sam and Suzy plays fetch too. Something they came up with themselves after we've been throwing a rattle mouse for them now and then. They pick up the mouse and drops it in our hand if we're notice that they are coming, if not they drop the mouse beside us and make sure we notice it. :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Both Envy and Chaos play fetch. I'm pretty sure Chaos learned it from Envy. Wish he would learn to sit still for nail clipping from her too! :lol:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think Baxter has some dog in his blood. He has been known to play fetch with little furry mice, he's a bit on the noisy side, craves attention constantly, likes to lick your hands and ears and even drools a bit sometimes. :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
My cats don't play fetch but two of them chase their tails and drink out of the toilet. One of them has full on wrestling matches with his tail and will often do a sort of somersault or lunge at it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
drink out of the toilet
For a long time now, I have suspected Dusty of drinking out of the toilet.... Then I caught him red-pawed just the other day! :lol: If only I could get Hubby trained to put the lid down....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm always tempted to give them a little push when I see this butt and tail sticking out of the toilet - it would certainly teach them a lesson. But then I worry that they'll get stuck or hurt so I never dare.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm in the habit of always putting the seat down, so my kitties are used to sitting on the seat and waiting for me while I'm in the shower. Once or twice though I forgot to put the seat down, and either Callie or Bailey went to jump up there !!SPLISH!!! water all over the place and one freaked out cat. 8O Once I stopped laughing, I'd calm him down and dry him off. You'd think they'd have learned something but no, they're both right back up there, every single day.

Oh, and by the way, Bailey likes to fetch too....just wish I could get him to do it on command.

katsprat

·
Registered
7 Posts
zomba, my bengal plays fetch,.... throw toy... plays with toy for 2 minutes, brings back, and drops it in front of me. but then... the second i reach for the toy, zomba is already running to go get it, before i even throw it. lol

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
2 of mine drink from the toilet too :? with one of them drinking from everything except his waterbowl! taps, the shower, a glass of juice - u name it he will drink it (have to watch him near beer too).

i have also trained them to sit and give me their paws for a treat which is adorable.

2 of them play fetch (the same 2 that drink from the toilet) and one of them (who is a puking kind of cat) has learned to keep his puking confined to places i won't have to clean up - like the cat littler box and once he even did it in the toilet which i managed to catch on video!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts