Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my kitties, especially Maya (brown tabby) sleeps on my legs early morning. Later on sometimes, G joins her. My two are not overweight but I'm a very petite person, so having a 10 lb sleeping cat or two on my legs can get quite uncomfortable after a while. They are quite cute when they snuggle together, though.

Do your cats do this? If so, what do you do when you feel constricted? Get up? After I move my legs, Maya simply repositions herself back on, lol. I eventually let up and get up, of course.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
OH NO!:eek: All I'm getting is the evil broken icon for the pictures!:(
Sharon

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
two of ours sleep on my legs,, sometimes offended if I need to roll over or move.. we had a had a lynx point female that had "issues" she disliked me from the day we adopted her..for 10 yrs. she would wait till I falling asleep and curl up on my ankles.. that way she would know if I was awake.. she was gone for several years before another cat would sleep there..

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hi TC,

Shadow has developed a habit of sleeping on my legs. It's usually not a problem but if I feel constricted or if she gets in a bad spot I just move a little and try to get her into a better spot.

Usually Chino will curl up next to my legs or at my feet. If they both were sleeping on my legs it could be a problem as I am small too.

The photos of Maya & G are adorable by the way!

Judy

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Every night. If I have to get up in the middle of the night, I first have to move 15 pounds of comatose Siamese off my legs to get out of bed. Sometimes I can put my arms under either side of him under the blanket and slide him off sideways, as if he's on a stretcher. That's fine until I try to get back into bed, then I get grumbled at for waking him up and moving him.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Describes my sleeping arrangement as well, except I have four comatose cats to deal with. Puddle usually likes to sleep by my feet or right next to my legs, so that I can't move them to stretch out. Eventually he'll get right on top of my legs... and he doesn't move. I literally lift the blankets up with him on them in order to move my legs around. Sky likes to perch on me randomly throughout the night, but she's more of a 'torso' girl. Tilly has always been obsessed with sleeping on my face or head, so I wake up with whiskers/tail/feet on my face or in my mouth, or he's just so completely covering me, I can't breathe. Death by kitten, I love it.

Those pictures are adorable, by the way!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh mine loves to do that do, as well as sit on top of me and be right up in my face just purring away :) But then what do we do in this situation?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Super cute pics, tabbcatt! Lately Diego has been sleeping on the bed with us and in between my legs or on top of me lol. Typically he will do it in the mornings. when he lays on top of me I wait til he closes his eyes then reposition him next to me and he stays- most of the time.

I loved when he slept behind my pillow against the headboard when he was 3 months old. Time flies :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh gosh they are adorable!! That is quite a lot of cuddly kitty to be plonked on your legs for so long XD

As soon as I sit down, Mia's normally vying for space on my lap, whether the laptop is there or not! It's a bit awkward when she does it at the dinner table. She's also figured out, if I'm on my back in bed, she can stand on the bones in my calves in such a way that it's REALLY uncomfortable if she wants me to get up!!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Look at those beautiful green eyes on your baby! Amelia sleeps on my legs or chest and sometimes I have to get up and push her off, but she is pretty small so I usually don't mind.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For some reason lately Jamiee sleeps on top of me (especially legs) more often...but then what do we do when we really have to go #1? I guess if I really must I try my best to skillfully and slowly slide my legs out from under him...sometimes it works. Sometimes.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I make sure I use the bathroom before going to bed. But thanks for the good laugh wit that comic strip; the guy's expression really made me laugh out loud. :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
My Freyja likes to sit on my hips (I usually sleep on my side). If I"m on my back she lies on my stomach which is not fun. Emily leans on me but not on top.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
I have cats that 'time share' my lap, my legs, my stomach, my back...
I never have to worry about rolling out of bed! Or the couch!:p:D

TC, Maya and 'G' are Adorable!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Good grief, Sharon, with 379cats92dogs, your pets would HAVE to have timeshares set up for your body! I bet whoever is in charge of that schedule barfs in your shoes every few months.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
LOL! Marie! I think they take turns at schedule making!!:D

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Cali will sling one arm over my legs while I'm watching t.v. It's so funny when she's kind of sitting up like that, but I wasn't fast enough to get that picture.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Marie,
You have Such GORGEOUS Girls!
I love Cali's expression there!
Which one is peeking at you from the background?!
S.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts