Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ollie and Baby Kitty who have been together over a year now and love one another have recently started hissing and growling at one another like they have never been introduced before. Baby Kitty was outside today for about 5 minutes or so (as was out 3rd cat Sophie) but Ollie was not. They are strictly indoor cats. Do you think she just picked up a scent and he is reacting towards that? The other time this happened was when Baby Kitty got spayed - which I expected and that dissolved quickly. I think that is all it is, but since Sophie was also out and he is not acting that way with her it makes me wonder.

What do you think?

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I think you are right. Cats rely much more on scent than they do with visual recognition of each other.
You could take a towel and rub it vigorously over all three cats, working your way around all three at least twice; 1,2,3,1,2,3, and maybe again 1,2,3 just to get everyone smelling the same.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I believe it has been resolved. Thanks guys. I was probably paranoid but it was very odd because she even started hissing at me and my boyfriend. I guess she was just acting defensive... I dont know. But they seem to be fine today. Towards eachother and towards us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts