Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excerpts from a dog's diary...

8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!
10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
Noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
1:00 pm - OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!
1:30 pm - Ooooooo, bath, bummer.
4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
5:00 pm - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
5:30 pm - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

Excerpts from a cat's diary...

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling
objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry
cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the
mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture.
Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded .... must try this at the top of the stairs.  In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair....must try this on their bed.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo."  What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices.  I was
placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and
smell the foul odor of what they call "pizza."  More importantly, I
overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies."  Must
learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hahaha.... I like the one about weaving through legs... hehe.. and the bringing in dead animals.. ahaha. Really cute... Thanks for sharing~! :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
probably not too far from the truth alotta times!

you beat me to posting it, say almost the same thing on a website couple days ago only instead of foul smell of pizza it read beer at the party

·
Registered
265 Posts
This just proves how much smarter cats are than dogs. Sure you can teach a dog tricks but a cat has too much dignity to comply. :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Jessica said:
This just proves how much smarter cats are than dogs. Sure you can teach a dog tricks but a cat has too much dignity to comply. :)
I have always felt that cats are perfectly capable of all the tricks that dogs do, they just don't chose to do them! :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw a cute quote somewhere:
"Dogs think of us as the pack leader,
Cats think of us as equals. "

I'm sure that my cat thinks that way. She thinks that I keep taking 'her' bed, and that I switched her food with mine. :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
i must intervene on behalf of my dog who is the smartest, prettiest, funniest person in the world.

From an original dog lover, turned cat lover too.

i love them both so much, both animals have so many good traits so :p

haha.

i loved that though, i think i've read it somewhere before, the one i read said "beer" too, its in good taste that it was changed .... beer doesnt smell nasty...

:lol: *LOL*

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I agree with you. I used to raise and show collies, so I love both animals. I think most of us are dog lovers. They are very easy to please, and very loyal; bless their hearts!

But I disagree about beer and pizza. Beer smells pretty bad to me. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I love my dogs. They may not be the brightest, but sometimes I feel like they love me more. Susie, my lab, would protect me from someone trying to hurt me (she hates it when I get into 'stranger's' cars!) Dogs in my opinion are a bit more loyal. Now don't get me wrong, I love my cats, definately alot! But you come home and the cat will maybe rub around your legs then leave and sleep. A dog will lick you, try to climb in your lap, run around in circles, bark, rollover, jump up and down, whine....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a doggie growing up, he ran free where-ever he wanted to go and eventually got killed by a car - learned my lesson, so my new and first cat will be strickly inside only.

If you've seen/read the other post/thread subject "why so many people hate cats" - you hit the nail on the head, dogs in general are more friendly at first, while cats do it more on their own terms with a take you or leave you attitude which I'm sure turns many off to them.

Oh yeah I love beer & pizza - together especially! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts