Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I eat watermellon or Passion fruit for example the next morning I will see all the stones floating in the water off my toilet after I did a big one.

Paranoid as I am I just had to check my kitten pooh for pieces of bone... but... NOTHING! That's just amazing!

It's been eating crushed chicken wings all weak and even did some chicken ribs himself this morning and there is just nothing to be found in his pooh...

Are there any experts around who can explain to me why my kittens digestion is so much more powerfull then mine?

·
Banned
2,748 Posts
B/c cats and dogs are meant to eat bone. They have short GI tracts with very strong stomach acid, and they can digest it.

Seeds are really not digestible by most species in their whole state, other than birds and such. But that's really a different matter from bone. ;)

More info here:

http://rawfed.com/myths/bones.html

·
Banned
952 Posts
You can't compare what happens when you eat seeds to what happens when your cat eats bone.

And, although Hoofmaiden is spot on that cats have a stronger and faster digestive process than ours, they have even less use for seeds than we do - if you fed your cat watermelon seeds (not recommending that you do), you'd see them in the litter box shortly thereafter. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts