Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that if a cat winks to you and you wink back it means that you have a connection with each other. What do you think? Geets has winked to me and I winked back, or I have winked to him and he winks back. I have seen him when I winked to him watch my eye that winked so he does notice it. I think it does mean something. I think it means that he loves me and i love him or that he trusts me. Razzle never does that or that I have never done that with him. It seems to be a thing between Geets and me.

Kathy

· Registered
412 Posts
Apple winks & not always from the same eye. She will wink once or twice and then sit until I say "Winky winky" and then she'll wink again. She winks immediately after I say it and will wait in between until I do say it. I think it's her equivalent of an eye kiss.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Cats are copyists.

When I first got Zenobi (otb), an adopted senior, trying to make her feel at home, I used to toss my head and send a sort of air kiss across the room. Then she started to give a toss of her head at me and dart her tongue out a bit. I wondered what on earth she was up to, until I realised she was returning my greeting. So if you wink at your cat, and that cat is smart, there's a good chance it will wink back.

As far as meaning in it, I believe that if a cat didn't trust and feel at least comfortable with their human companion then I doubt they'd copy them.

So far Missy has not done anything like this, but she shows her affection in other ways.

· Registered
8 Posts
I thought the blinking thing was a sign of trust, however i have a feral i am trying to tame and she will meow and blink at me but the second i approach her she hisses and backs away.. Ahh well.. Maybe its just an "I trust you if you stay there in the doorway..." type of blink..

· Registered
5 Posts
Oh wow!! I never heard this about winking! Just last night, our kitty winked at me, and I made a joke about it with my 8 year old son. I thought it was just a fluke thing, but this is the second time he's done it since we got him.

How cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.