Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as we brought Hobochangba into our home, and he cried his first cry, it was kind of creepy, because he sounds exactly like our cat that passed away in January. They have the same cry.

It's just strange - because you get so accustomed to hearing your cat's voice and sounds, but when they pass away you don't hear it anymore. And then to hear it come out of the mouth of the cat you just adopted...very weird.

Anyone else encounter cats that have the same cry?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm sorry that your cat passed away! It is very weird that they have the same cry. I myself have never really been with too many cats before for long, so I don't hear their cry.

It must be a coincidence that you got a cat that has the same cry as the cat that you had. Yes, I am accustomed to hearing my cat's cry and for some reason I can copy that cry. I can cry in the same way that he can. Sometimes when I'm holding him and I pass someone I pretend that I am him, and I cry in the same way he does. They think I am being rude to the cat, so they tell me to put him down. Then I just laugh and tell them that it was me, not the cat.

I am sure that cats have the same cry as others because there are so many cats in the world, they can't all have a different cry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts