Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! First I want to wish everybody a happy 2004! A good health, good cats, .... :)

Our two cats are wrestling these days.. they don't seem to hurt each other, and we see no injuries, but I think it's weird. In the beginning, the older one (Chanou, +/- 3 years old, female) just hissed at the kitten (Luna, 5 months, also female). Then they begun to hit each other with their paws and chase each other a bit. Now it's wrestling! Not like pushing the other to the floor, but really standing on the back legs and hit the other with the front paws. And sometimes it's like they are holding each other and rolling on the floor (or bed). When I see it, I make some noise to make them go away from each other.. Is this normal behaviour? Is it playing or fighting?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think it is all in good fun, 2 of my cats Radar and Hawkeye seem to fight as well, normally when no one is paying attention to Hawkeye he looks for fun somewhere else, that normally includes fighting with his brother or chasing his round the house.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
My kitties do this all the time -- and if you look really close you can see that their claws aren't even out. This is normal playful behavior for bonded cats -- it sounds like your kitties have finally accepted each other as part of the family. :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It's probably just playing. My cats do it all the time. As long as they don't seem to be hurting each other, it's all good. Every now and then it seems to get a little two aggressive to my liking (like they will growl a tiny bit while wrestling) and at that point I yell at them to cut it out and play nice.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Seems like playing as long as they're no claws out and you don't see any blood or scratches on your cats. My cats also wrestle but very gently so I know they aren't fighting. :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like everyone is thinking the same thing :) I didn't look close enough to see if claws were out or not, but I'll try next time. I still think it's weird. Luna always seems to annoy Chanou, and Chanou always growls at Luna. And then a second later they are wrestling (playing). Ah well.. I'll keep an eye on it, and as long as there's no blood involved, I guess it's all ok!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts