Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is a male tabby orange- I made a thread about it here http://www.catforum.com/forum/56-feral-cats/153371-stray-cat.html a few months ago. I think he has a home. He is very tame, has been shaved but not neutered. He has let me and my sister touch him. I have him in the bathroom right now because he is kind of riled up after being in a cage all night. Once calm i will switch Fat Albert into the bathroom and let the orange one out to walk around the kitchen and living room a little. Albert ain't happy mommy is in the bathroom with another cat(the dogs aint either) but I am going to stay in here,lol . He is open mouth panting right now so I am making sure he isn't over-heating or anything. My parents still dont know I have him..... (they knew I was trying to catch a kitten though).

I hope they let me try to find a home for him or his original home. I am putting a flier up at the gas station saying "found cat"- if you think it is your call *****". I am not going to even put a color on it because the people around here always want an excuse to shoot an animal.

here are his pics.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I hope someone claims him. Sadly, if he's not neutered he might be someone's pet who was put outside due to marking. He needs to be neutered. Poor guy. Hope he at least finds a home if he doesn't have one.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
You might also put up a flyer at local vets' offices. Hope you can find his owner or a new owner who will adopt him. good luck!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would put on up at the vets office but the closest one is over 30 miles away. I just put one up at the gas station and put an add on CL. The kitty has now ventured out into the living room and was sitting on the couch beside me. but when I left to put the flier up hid under the ferret cage. He is still there but I will give him time. My mom works with some older people that may want him, if they are cat people. He likes to sit on your lap and has a very loud purr.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Orange isn't common in the cats around here so I'm sure I can find him a home fast. Most the cats here are either black or have calico markings(orange,black,white all mixed together).

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I need some reassurance guys. Im on a dog forum and there is a person basically saying I am a bad person for taking this cat in. That i should have just let him go and hopefully he finds his way home. And that if they found out someone accidentally trapped their cat(that they let outside) they would be P*** at me and would let me know it. I thought I was doing a good thing? yes, he is not comfortable in the house but I was thinking maybe he was an outside cat or if he was an inside cat that got out. He is just scared of being trapped then brought into a strange house.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would say you're doing the right thing, he could get hit by a car outside, even if he is used to being outside. If someone cares they will be looking for him. I don't think they should be mad at you whether their cat accidentally got out or they leave him out all the time.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would take him to the vet to scan for a microchip, and call the local shelter to see if he's been reported missing, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think youre fine as long as you make a good effort to find the origional owner. Since he's been shaved and looks healthy, he likely has an owner, but if he isn't one you see around often, it's also likely he just got out. Flyers, CL, and notifying the shelter are good, I would also ask around to some of your close neighbors and see if they know who's he is.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called AC and no one has reported a missing cat. I see him often. I asked some neighbors and they also see him sometimes. How can you tell if a has been shaved or if he just lost his winter fur?

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's hard to tell by the pics if he is shaved or just has short fur and a fluffy tail. On second look, he doesn't look shaved to me, the only part that makes it look like he might be is on his chest.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Our Ollie has relatively short fur and a fluffy tail. That cat doesn't look shaved to me. But he doesn't look like he's gone hungry either. Did you put up flyers in the neighborhood?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Something I forgot to mention. My neighborhood is not that big. We only have one gas station and there is a subway/pizza place attached to it. The town I live in has only 500 people. So word will get around about the flier in the Gas station.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You might also post a Found Cat on PetFinder.
And I don't think you did the wrong thing by taking him in (most orange cats are male).

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
You did a wonderful thing by helping this kitty. You kept him safe when you weren't sure if he had a home or not. I don't suppose the owners said they were going to get him neutered?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
they didn't say. Now I am being told I'm going to be a collector when I grow up.....I may just be done with that forum . And no I don't care if anyone sees it from there.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
I cant stand people who only love cats or only love dogs or only think horses are worth having. We should love and protect all animals, domestic and wild. They all have feelings, emotions, intelligence. If people on the other forum are criticizing you for helping a cat or calling you a hoarder, they don't sound too caring or informed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts