Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... I was lying in bed reading, when I hear these small squeaking sounds. I didn't think much at first, but then as it continued I realized what it was. I come in the living room and Domino has a tiny mouse in her mouth! I've never seen a mouse here in the couple years we have been here.

Well, the mouse was far from dead and the cats kept letting it go, it would run a few inches, and one of the girls would grab it again. Well, Li Li and Domino that is. The others were content to watch. When the girls would have the mouse in their mouth, they would growl. It was so funny!

After a while I realized that they just were not gonna kill this mouse, they just wanted to play with it. Well, I just couldn't stand it. I mean if you wanna kill it and then play with it, do it, but don't just toy with the little 'ol thing! Finally I grabbed it by the tail. It really was rather cute. LoL!

So, I go in the bedroom and show it to my hubby who freaks out! It was so funny! I didn't realize he was that frightned by mice! I could understand a rat, but this little bitty mouse??? Well, I took it outside and let it loose. I like to imagine it was very relieved and just maybe it will tell it's mousy friends not to enter our place again. :lol:

Poor cats are still searching for the dang thing.... hehehe :wink:

·
Registered
209 Posts
lol my ex was scared of mice too, though he'd never admit to it.

one time, i heard the cats making noise in the bathroom, and i was pretty sure woody had a mouse cuz i heard squeaking. the mouse had run behind some boxes in the closet, so i went in there and moved the box. my ex came through the bathroom door about that time and the mouse came running out. he screamed like a woman and closed the bathroom door! so there i am, closed in a tiny bathroom with 3 cats and a mouse running around wildly under my feet. i was dancing a jig! the mouse kept trying to climb up my leg! i accidentally stepped on the poor thing, broke its back legs. ugh that was awful, but funny when i think about it now :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here there has been a mouse in the house for a couple of months but the cats wont kill it. Theyll just keep letting it go to play with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Cats seem to give us the most precious rewards, enjoyment and laughter all in one. I am glad that you opted to secure the mouse and free it. However, now that your cats have had one to play with, they will keep wanting another one to play with. So I feel sorry for the next one that wonders into your home. It just might get far more than it bargoned for.

:) Thanks again for making me smile. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marijun said:
lol my ex was scared of mice too, though he'd never admit to it.

one time, i heard the cats making noise in the bathroom, and i was pretty sure woody had a mouse cuz i heard squeaking. the mouse had run behind some boxes in the closet, so i went in there and moved the box. my ex came through the bathroom door about that time and the mouse came running out. he screamed like a woman and closed the bathroom door! so there i am, closed in a tiny bathroom with 3 cats and a mouse running around wildly under my feet. i was dancing a jig!
Now, THAT was funny! LOL! :lol: I can just picture that!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seitcorta said:

Cats seem to give us the most precious rewards, enjoyment and laughter all in one. I am glad that you opted to secure the mouse and free it. However, now that your cats have had one to play with, they will keep wanting another one to play with. So I feel sorry for the next one that wonders into your home. It just might get far more than it bargoned for.

:) Thanks again for making me smile. :)
Thanx. :) Yeah, I know my furkids are keeping a sharp eye out too. LoL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seitcorta said:

Cats seem to give us the most precious rewards, enjoyment and laughter all in one.
I find it disturbing that you could enjoy that story. Didn't even have an happy end, as the mouse had to die a gruelsome death. I can understand that cats are like that but the second mine would catch a mouse I'd part them, and let the mouse run. I love ANY animal. Can't watch a cat kill a mouse as I can't watch a dog kill a cat. Just the same. In this particular situation I'd killed the mouse to save her from some more pain.

·
Registered
183 Posts
seppl said:
I find it disturbing that you could enjoy that story. Didn't even have an happy end, as the mouse had to die a gruelsome death.
Why? I don't understand...
Storm did not say the mouse was hurt... :?: :shock: :?:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, a cat grabbing or putting a mouse into her mouth can barely do so without hurting it, no? Or didn't you ever get "Punished" by a cat? Now imagine this little mouse facing a cat.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seppl said:
Well, a cat grabbing or putting a mouse into her mouth can barely do so without hurting it, no? Or didn't you ever get "Punished" by a cat? Now imagine this little mouse facing a cat.
The mouse did not seem very hurt at all, if it was, well, I'm not gonna cry over it. I mean I am a huge animal lover, or else I'd not have tried to save it in the end, but I'm not gonna mourn over the mouse.

If I took things that seriously, I mean, I'd break down every time I saw an animal on the side of the road. I hate it, but geeesh. Know what I mean?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts