Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scooping out the litterboxes and had seen Delia walk into the guest room right next door and squat down and urinate on the carpet. :evil: :evil: I'm hoping she just really had to go and saw me messing with the boxes so she went elsewhere. I wonder if she has done this before because the basement had a pretty foul odor to it awhile ago. My husband thinks it was probably just litterbox smell but now I'm wondering if it wasn't something that Delia has done before. I'm so angry!

If she does it again, I'll probably take her in for a check-up to see if she has a UTI. (They tend to associate pain with using litter so they don't use it then.) I can NOT have a cat that doesn't use the litterbox. This is all very upsetting to have had seen her do that.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Heather102180 said:
...I'm hoping she just really had to go and saw me messing with the boxes so she went elsewhere.
I really don't think that's the case. I think it's going to be either a UTI or she has an issue with something. When my vet diagnosed Twinkie with crystals she said I'm lucky because that's the easier of the two to fix.

I know it's upsetting to have that happen, especially right in front of you, but you survived Oliver....I'm sure you'll do just fine with this crisis. :)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
We had the same problem with Rookie. Over a 2-month period, she peed many times on my bed, the couch, and anything soft lying on the floor. We were REALLY discouraged. Finally, I wondered if the message was -- I need something soft to pee on! I set up a second litterbox next to the first one, but put only a liner and folded newspaper in it. Within minutes, she was peeing on the newspaper like a pro. Maybe it's worth a try!

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far so good. She hasn't gone into the same room to pee since I shut the door when I saw her do it. I think she's okay but still keeping an eye on the situation. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts