Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my geek of a brother left his cell phone in the washing machine and hes not sure what to do .. any ideas?

·
Registered
903 Posts
If it is a GSM cell phone you can check if the SIM card is still in good shape, it may still be okay even if the phone is not. On the other hand it could be wrecked and the phone could be okay :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
my best friend once dropped her cell phone in the pond, and when she finally fished it out, it worked just fine and still does.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Dry it out, leave it for a good week before trying to turn it on.
Any parts you can easily take apart do so to ease drying.
If that doesnt work then test the sim card in another phone so you at least have your phone numbers still. But as said, in a washing machine with the heat it doesnt stand much chance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The first thing to do when your cell phone takes a plunge is to REMOVE THE BATTERY. The longer the phone stays with the battery on while wet, the greater the chance of a short-circuit frying the internal components. Then let the phone dry. If available, you can use a blow dryer in cool or fan-only mode, but never with hot air.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys.... my bro tired the blow dryer and it seemed to work.... just the screen is a little fuzzy.... gez he had it for like 5 days, perfect example why a 13yr SHOULDNT have a cell lol.... yah my parents spoil him! :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts