Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone here have any experience? My daughter's cat had kittens 4 weeks ago and one of the kittens has this. From what we are hearing, they are very hard to adopt out because people don't want a cat with problems. I think I am going to take him. I fell in love with him (all of them really) and had decided to take him before we realized anything was *wrong*. My only worry is that we live in a 3 story house. I know from what I am reading I will probably have to use a baby gate to keep him away from the stairs, and keep his litter box on the main floor where he would stay. Is there anything else I should know?
He is absolutely gorgeous and sweet (like all kittens) and he will have a good home with us.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
You are an awesome person if you are willing to take on a special needs cat or kitten. I've read about Cerebellar Hypoplasia cats and peoples experiences with them. I remember Best Friends had one and I've watched Utube videos. They are beyond cute! They didn't seem like much trouble either.

I cant offer any tips. All I know is special need cats usually are less trouble than having a normal cat (which get into everything). Special need cats always give way more back in love and inspiration than what we offer to them.

I hope youll continue to post so we can follow your journey with your new kitten and learn more about having a cat like this.

This was a cool video from the link

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think I've heard of this in passing but never read much about it. I am curious because the article you posted said that some cats have mild cases that are identifiable by clumsiness and "head tremors" while focusing. One cat I have is rather clumsy and the other does wobble his head while trying to focus on something and I was wondering if perhaps that would be the cause or if that's just what they do. Do you know how it is diagnosed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts