Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2 year-old fuzzy princess named Cleo. Cleo is usually energetic, playful and loving. 2 days ago she threw up after eating some cat grass and then threw up all water and food she consumed over the course of the day. I took her to the vet yesterday. There were no signs of blockage or any other issues they could see so they gave her a shot of Cerenia and told me to give it another day and come back if nothing has changed. Since the vet visit (just under 24 hours ago) she has barely moved. Not to eat, not to drink, not to go to the box. She still purrs when I pet her but otherwise non-responsive. I'm about to take her back to the vet for blood work and other testing but I also would like to see if anybody on here has had any similar situations and can offer advice or suggestions. Anything would help my worried mind.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not a doctor but I would say getting her back to the vet is the most important thing right now. If you are waiting for an appointment with your regular vet get Cleo to an ER vet clinic. Just FYI, purring does not necessarily mean they are ok, cats also purr when stressed. I had a similar situation with one of my cats, GB, just a few weeks ago, matching most of the symptoms you listed. I noticed that he had thrown up his meal, and while not hiding, staying away from the family. GB is a 7 year old tabby that sleeps with me in my bed and the next day he would not get out of the bed. I knew something was wrong because breakfast is his favorite meal. He wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink and seemed lethargic. My regular vet was booked and unable to see him. so I took him to an ER vet clinic. They asked to keep him for observation. The next day I was told he had developed a fever overnight that spiked to just over 105. They treated him with anti-viral meds and IVs to keep him hydrated. He is now recovered and back to his old self. The ER clinic said it was a good thing I brought him in when I did because a combination of fever and dehydration can very quickly lead to organ failure. You didn't mention a fever on the first visit but then mine didn't develop a fever until that night at the ER.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts