Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which month are you? CGHS looking for real-life men and their cats for the 2016 Cats & Bros calendar

Not since the Village People parodied gender typecasting in the song Macho Man, has the tough-guy image been so heavily challenged to… well, get over itself.

Yes, the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies has decided to shatter the stereotypical image of dog being man’s best friend by challenging guys to come clean and go public with calendar-worthy photos of the ladies they spend their evenings with – their cats! C’mon dudes, we know you have them. And we think it’s sexy!

Read the rest of the article at: CFHS Is Out To Prove That Real Men Love Cats - PetGuide

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I'm not male, but just wondering...do these guys need to be Canadian residents or is this open for any man who adore cats from around the world?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think it a fantastic idea.
I was a cat hater for the first 52 years of my life before my first cat, Colonel, found me. He crossed 2 years ago. Wish I had a photo of him and I together. I now have 3 cats and all of them combined couldn't hold a candle to the bond Colonel and I had.

I work in a steel mill and didn't talk about my cat. You know, not to moncho. We were having a week of shutdown and would have a morning meeting where the primary focus was on safety. We would have a round robin where everyone would have to give a safety tip.

I am a cook and had just saw a recipe for Kitty Litter cake. No it doesn't have litter in it, but it looks very realistic. I decided to make one. I bought a new litter box and made the cake. I started out my presentation along the lines of, "My cat work all night to make this cake for all of you. I hope all my human's teammates go home to their pets the same way they came in." It was very successful. I was amazed how many of my teammates approached me with stories about their cats afterwards. Yes the mill is very very male dominate.
We are out there.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Marshel,
My hubby wasn't a cat person to begin with...but I already had cats and a dog, when he came into my life...I let it be known, that the cats weren't going anywhere! I, and my fur family were a package deal!
Now after several years, the last time little graves were dug in our back yard, he was shedding tears too...
They do work their way into our hearts!
This last year on the forum, I've been really happy to see more guys joining!
It adds a lot to the forum, I think!
So sorry about Colonel...there are always "The Special Ones"...♡♡
Sharon

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Aw, when I saw CFHS, I thought "Cat Forum...?" and was trying to figure out the HS. We should do a CF version. :D I'll buy one!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I remember the transformation of a young engineer that I worked with about 15 years ago.
First it was:
"This weekend I'm going to the SPCA with my girlfriend to pick out HER new cat".
Then it was:
"This weekend I'm going to Rona to buy supplies to make a cat tree for OUR new cat."
Then it was:
"This weekend we're going house hunting and I want one with a well fenced yard so that MY cat can go outside."
:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.