Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now thats summers here, and its hotter then heck :twisted: I've been leaving my windows open. we're on the second story, and have partial screens, but they dont cover all the way, so the occasional bug has been getting in. Never fear TIBER's HERE! He's been doing a great job catching the flys! :lol: (at least during the cooler part of the day!). Its harlarious to watch! I was just wondering, if there were any other Champion catcher of flys out there ? and maybe whats the most ya seen caught? So far he's up to three today.. he used to go after the little nats, but have given up on those and go for the big fat flys! 8)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Go Tiber! hehe that's cute. Thats good that he gets to use his natural hunting instincts. Thats good stimulation for a indoor cat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Due to our moist spring we have an excess of moths. I had about 8 of them in my living room last friday. I decided that was to many so I grabbed the fly swatter. Low and behold while I was swatting them I had assistance from my wife's cat Casper. A stubby legged long haired calico cat. Now my cat has long legs but hardly ever catches bugs and flies yet my wife's cat has very tiny legs and can catch them like crazy. Go figure. :lol:
Both my cat's did manage to fill up on a few flies and moths this weekend. Yummy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go casper! :lol: their so cute! Yay for real protien! ;)

Now if i can only teach tiber to go after spiders! :shock: They dont move fast enough for him!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My seven year old cat, Samhain, sits on bug patrol at the front door during the night. She will chase anything that crawls or flies and you can tell by looking at her if she sees something. I am terrified of bugs so I really love her for this. She loves flies too and will chase them all around the house. I like to watch her ears as she tries to listen for where the fly is. I don't let her eat any of them though because she has a sensitive stomach and throws up a lot. I grew up in Canada where there are basically only mosquitoes and teeny tiny spiders and beetles but I now go to school in Tennessee and the bugs here give me nightmares! So, I'm thankful to Samhain for protecting me hehe.

tanyuh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts