Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How often do kittens change their behaviors toward us?
I have a kitten who LOVED rubbing on me. Would cuddle, lay on my chest, head butt me... now, she doesn't really do any of that anymore. She at times will lay next to me in bed, but not often.
She does greet me with her tail up, and will rub on my legs, and at times, once in a blue moon, she will rub her head against mine. Do you think she will go back to being affectionate like how she was? Nothing happened as far as I know that would make her change the way she views me. As far as i know anyway..
I have two other kittens who also changed, but they changed from being more standoffish, to now smothering me lol

My distant girl is my favorite though, and I wish she was as lovey as she used to be. I'll still love her no matter what though!
I'd attach a pic but it won't let me.. 馃挅

Registered
You didn't say how old she is, but often kittens in their "teens" can become somewhat distant....this usually happens when they're 6mos. to say 12 mos. Often when they're adults in a few months afterward, they will be more "settled" and become affectionate again. Is she spayed? If not, have her spayed ASAP as will continue to come in heat every few weeks. This is unhealthy and can lead to health problems. Some females will come in heat as early at 5mos., more usually tho 8-9 mos. and can go through changes at that time. All the best!

Registered
I have never had a kitten who kept the same personality from kittenhood into adulthood. But they can also change in their adulthood. They keep us on our toes. I hope your cat gets snuggly again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts