Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure he's doing this on purpose! After searching far and wide for a better cat food since reading the food thread I found something with a higher meat content. So marching home feeling all pleased with myself I eagerly awaited the next feed, carefully mixing his old brand with new so to get him used to it. He wont touch it. I tried a different flavour and all he did was pick out the bits of old food he likes.I've tried different ratios ol old to new but no. He normall enjoys his food but is not for having it. I'm a bit worried becasue he's going for blood tests tomorrow for his allergy and as a precaution incase he gets sedated I've not to feed him after 6 tonight. So he's going to be one very hungry kitty if he doesn't eat something.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I'd go ahead and give him his old food now, so he fills his tummy before the cut-off where he's not allowed to eat anymore....and then try again after he's feeling better from his visit.

He may just be picky and not willing to budge, but there's also a chance that it just may take some time. Sometimes you just need to only give them one option for a while and he'll get hungry enough to eat it. But I wouldn't go more than 24 hours without giving him something he WILL eat.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I feel your pain. When I first switched to wet food I didn't know any better and started out with fancy feast. Now I'm feeding them better foods but my one cat, Surfboard, he won't eat any of it. The kittens will gobble up whatever I put down and Zoë eats it reluctantly. Surfboard doesn't even come in the kitchen when I pop the can top like the other 3 do. All he wants to eat is the dry kitten chow. He's a little over a year old so I know this isn't good for him but it's the only thing he WANTS to eat. I've tried picking up the dry food altogether thinking that if he was hungry enough he'd eat the wet...not a chance. He just didn't eat and then would meow until I brought the dry back out. :roll: I'm so over this whole process!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts