Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading up on these forums about feline pine changing the formula for their pellets, and thinking I should probably just switch to other brands of pine pellets.

The question I have is can I just dump my last supply of feline pine and put in the new pine pellets or should I do this slowly overtime, by mixing in more and more of the new pellets with the feline pine pellets.

Has anyone used Amazon.com : Pine Pellet Bedding, 13 lbs (thirteen pounds) All Natural, Great For All Your Large or Small Animal Bedding Needs, BULK. : Pet Habitat Bedding : Pet Supplies

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
looks like the Equine Pine I use. Which is pellet bedding. I get mine at Tractor Supply for around $5-$6 for 40lbs.

I personally think that most cats would go from one pellet to another easy enough. But it doesn't hurt to keep your old stuff and mix/sprinkle on top of the new stuff.

Edit looked it up: it is exactly like the one I use. probably just bagged under a different name.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
^^^^ Dittos what BotanyBlack said. I buy the horse bedding and it is EXACTLY the same stuff as Feline Pine. We sometimes get bags of Feline Pine donated at our shelter and I have not noticed a difference between that and the horse bedding I buy for $5.99/ 40 pound bag. Any feed and seed store like Tractor Supply will carry equine bedding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts