Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just so terrible.

There was a prayer vigil in Youngstown at an A.M.E church on the east side, yesterday, that brought a lot of people from the community together. The theme was love, compassion, and forgiveness.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Yes it is Kurt...a very terrible tragedy...:(

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
What I hate (besides the senseless murders) is the fact that politicians use these incidences to score political points. Removing a flag will NOT make racism go away. Advocating the removal of guns will NOT make murder go away. Watch the Netflix moving on Rwanda genocide. They used machetes to murder thousands - hundreds of thousands merely for being of another belief.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Marcia,
I completely agree with you!
Where guns have been 'Outlawed' for honest citizens...
The bad guys still get them anyway!

Mankind has been killing each other, since the Dawn of Time, First with Rocks, and Sticks!

I remember reading, one time, that Russia, when thinking about invading the USA, decided it Wasn't a good idea...BECAUSE...The whole population was armed!!

Any place that cannot defend itself...is a Sheep waiting for the slaughter...

I am Always sad when I hear about things like Charleston...
I can pretty much guarantee, that this young man, would have found a way to kill...even without a gun, sadly...

Removing the specific flag, won't change what people privately think...
And there's still a large group out there, that do 'think' like that.

It's very, very saddening to me...

I, personally, don't care if someone is purple, with pink polka dots, gay, straight, or has religious beliefs, other than mine...
My only criteria for 'judging' someone, is what is in their hearts!
Sharon

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
In Canada you need a licence to have a gun and are required to take a safety course. Certain types of guns are restricted to civilians. Of course, people still get guns illegally on the black market. I think our laws have cut down on some shootings, especially in the Toronto area among gangs, but it seems there are more stabbings on the news now. And yes we do have some "nut" go off and shoot a bunch of people occasionally. Canada does not have any phrase in our constitution about "the right to bear arms".

Kinds of Firearms Licences in Canada

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.