Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aunt took me shopping for some kitty goods, she's happy to have a new animal to get to shop for.

We picked him out this collar:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi my name is Kira and I am a collarholic....

I bought collars for all my favorite holidays for my kitties. I love Charmanders collar, and you can tell by his pictures that he has quite the personality!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys! Lol, I'm sure I'll have a great time being a collar-o-holic. Although, he isn't really a fan of it at the moment, but I'm sure he'll get used to it. I want him to have one on for safety of return home if he were ever to somehow get out! We just need to find a tag for him now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What a cute little kitty; looks like he has a great personality already. What a snazzy collar!
My favorite indoor-outdoor cat, Midnight, kept losing his collars, on bushes, etc. It became expensive to replace the breakaways that are so important. So I began to buy the cheap cloth scrunchie ponytail holders, cut open the area where the elastic was, and with a few stitches extend the amount of elastic in there with some 1/4 wide elastic of my own. It was fun shopping for them at various homestyle markets. I had them for all seasons & every imaginable occasion for Midnight & his litterbox mate, who never lost his, cause he never went far. I also began to make some with inexpensive decorative ribbon, again with a few stitches to hold them on & still be breakaway, using small pieces of velcro to fasten them. I always printed his name & our phone number with a magic marker somewhere on the collars. Periodically I would go outside around his "territory" and retrieve any I could find. But it sure beat buying & re-buying the expensive ones! Here's a pic of him in one of his ribbon collars...( I also have some good ones of the scrunchie type) Sorry to go on & on, the the collar project was my favorite.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts