Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Including drumstick bones. Even if it's a hand cranked one, just until I can afford that $160.00 Tasin!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Ah ha! Another good Question for our RAW feeders!! I'm sure someone must have a suggestion!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Jamie, I can't believe someone hasn't given you any input yet! :what:
I guess you could try the "Search" function on the forum...
Try "meat grinders" or look through any of the "Raw food" threads...
I know this question has been discussed before here...
Good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've been waiting to see as well....as I am really leaning towards raw when we get a kitty (or kitties). From everything I have read the Tasin is the best, "least expensive" model that is on all those websites about making raw. Been thinking about Craigslist or Kijji or ebay to find a second hand one...then ordering some new attachments....

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know Jamie. I have a Tasin (VERY $$$$$$ over here LOL) but I imagine; until you get a Tason, if you pound the living daylights out of the bones before you put them through a grinder it should help things along nicely!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Have you tried giving chicken neck or wings just smashed up, but not ground? I have a Tasin too. I think I'd either feed the bone whole or add bonemeal until you can afford the Tasin. I had one cheapo hand grinder and it's perfectly fine for just the meat, but with bone it's the pain in the behind.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know Jamie. I have a Tasin (VERY $$$$$$ over here LOL) but I imagine; until you get a Tason, if you pound the living daylights out of the bones before you put them through a grinder it should help things along nicely!
Lol! :D I think that's a terrific idea! Maybe by then you won't even need a grinder at all, especially "if you pound the living daylights out of it"! Another plus: release all of your frustrations for the week! :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.