Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I write someone a check and make it out to cash they can still cash it in their account right? or does it have to be made to the name?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
From my understanding, if you make it out to "Cash" just about anyone can cash the cheque. I've never done it though, so I may be wrong.

However, an episode of "The Beverly Hillbillies" popped into my head that I havn't seen since I was at least 8. Some guy is trying to scam them out of money, and tells them to make the cheque out to "cash". Wierd.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Just make it out to the person. When they go cash it, it's fine as long as they have ID. Usually when people are doing cash written on the check is when they are at the counter and they are using their own checks from their account and wanting to take money out without filling out a deposit slip :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent a guy a $5.00 check for pymnt on an ebay item....since he didn'y have paypal :( I made it out to cash....not sure what I was thinking when I did it. That's why I was asking.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well he shipped my BSL bracelet on good faith and I am just going to mail him another check made out to him.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
I had a check made out to cash from a baby-sitting job one time and they refused to cash it at the bank because my name was not on the check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts