Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. we have water drinkage, and... a huge thing, I bought a feathered cat toy and showed it to him, he didn't respond to it, but he *did* respond to being petted with it. So I did that for a while, then used my back scratcher on him (he liked that a lot) then, carefully.. used my hand to pet his head and scratch behind his ears... we got purring, and leaning into the touch after a few moments. Scratching under the chin and chest and back of the neck and at the base of the ears.
I am going to pet him again before bed, and put a little bit of chicken in his bowl and hopefully he will venture out and eat it tonight. I was a bit worried, but now I am feeling more optimistic..
Poor thing.. he is filthy through.. lots of flea dirt. Tomorrow come vetting time o'early in the morning, he will be treated with Advantage before he leaves there, and my fiancee thinks maybe to have him washed before the surgery while he is groggy, but I am not sure if they do any grooming there...
I think the advantage and a good brushing will definitely help... here are a few pics I just took...
Without further ado...Chewy's feral brother: Chunk!
As you can see, he definitely carries the family resemblance!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Now my fiancee thinks we should go get her one other surviving kitty fomr her first litter.. he is all grown up and getting bullied by another cat, poor guy, and mama's "husband" who basically has had all of his hanging out buddies taken form the neighborhood by us...
I'm not sure about either of them, because they are both feral, the younger is about 2 years old, and Big Daddy, as we like to call him, he is Chewy and Chunk's daddy, I have no idea how old he is, but when we got him fixed, the vet said that while he was groggy, he was playing with the vet techs, which just melts my heart.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Oh! Chunk looks like he will turn into a GORGEOUS cat! He reminds me of our Floofy, who came looking a little dirty/ratty and has just blossomed into a great, big, beautiful, cat.

One of our *best* housecats was a feral tomcat we neutered and brought in when he was ELEVEN yrs old. He was great, and my husband's favorite.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Chewysmom said:
Well... that is encouraging!!
Yes, look at the shape of their faces and length of hair-coat...

How Floofy looked the first night in our home, scruffy and scroungy:

How beautiful he became:

How big he is:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Chunky is going to be a beautiful boy, and I bet he is going to turn into a sweetheart. He might feel better if they bathe him to get all the dirt off of him, but if he liked the back scratcher I bet he will also like the brush so you should be able to work on him with that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
katlover13 said:
Chunk is a beautiful cat. Do you plan to keep him?
Oh yes, definietely we are. We are trying to keep the "Grey Company" together (Mma, her existing family, and the father, but not sure if all that will happen) but Chunk is definitely staying with us. ^__^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts