Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had one while growing up, Ken said he did. We got one for the kids this weekend and I finally tended to it tonight.

I'm sorry but, what a joke! You're suppose to soak planter for an hour and soak the seeds in a 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes to make them sticky to stay on the planter. The majority of them fell off. I guess in fairness to Chia, maybe it was the shape of the plantar that made it difficult for the seeds to stay on decent. We got the Scooby Doo planter.

I was also disappointed to read that after about 3 weeks the planter is supposed to be all filled out, so you scrap off everything, wash the planter off and start all over with a new batch of seeds. Not a real "plant" then, is it.

Guess I wasn't missing a whole lot by not having a Chia Pet of my own when I was a kid!

·
Banned
12,197 Posts
I dunno, maybe they don't make them the way they used to (probably made in China now, with toxic materials in the clay) 'cuz I've had them many years ago and they grew out just fine.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, maybe I just need to be patient to see if this thing actually takes.

When you used to have them, would the seeds "gel up" decently, because only about half of what I was supposed to use stuck to the clay. The rest kept sliding off into the drainage tray that it comes with.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Try some of that Elmer's glue you have left over....... (sorry, just kidding!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts