Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to make some chicken broth and freeze it along with the raw meat? All my cats love the juice from cans of cat food, so i was wondering if i could make some chicken broth myself and see if they like it. I would make sure that they don't get any of the bones that are cooked, though i was thinking that i could just take some of the meat off of the boiled chicken and feed the meat to them too (i know that cooked chicken loses all the nutrients, but it would only be a tiny part of the food they get).

So, would it be safe? Does anyone else do that?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't add anything to it. The reason i feed raw is to avoid stuff like that, and just feed them what they will thrive on.

I just wanted to make sure it would be safe for them.

thanks so much!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Broth is good, but blood is better. My cats go CRAZY for bloodjuice! Red meats often have the best juice. ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
You don't really make it... just get a nice cut of meat that is frozen, and thaw in a bowl.. while it thaws, the blood runs into the bowl and feed them that. Full of nutrients and everyone goes crazy for it here. Grocery stores put those little pads in the bottom of the packages of meat to CATCH all that blood because people think it's "gross". Such a waste.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Muzby said:
Grocery stores put those little pads in the bottom of the packages of meat to CATCH all that blood because people think it's "gross". Such a waste.
lol my sister works as a checker in a grocery store and trust me you don't want something that is all bloody to come through your line and get the blood over everything. might be why the put the pads in the bottom. to bad you can't tell them not to on a certain pack.

thanks. i gave them some of the chicken broth last night and they went wild over it. i'll try some bloodjuice soon too hopefully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts