Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My co-worker's mother gave me her recipe for mole and I'm thinking about making it Sunday. Question...what the heck does one serve with chicken mole. I'm here in South Jersey with a small but growing Mexican population so we really don't have access to alot of Mexican foods yet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
When my mother makes it she also serves mexican rice and corn tortillas. She also uses iceberg lettuce and uses it like a tortilla. Oh, and a sliced lime for any extra flavouring. I would imagine you could find most of this? I'm not sure about the tortillas but you can use wraps instead - which are very similar to flour tortillas.

If you wanted an appetizer you could do corn chips with pico de gallo or guacamole. Don't get a heavy one, though, or else you'll fill up on it. If you want to make it just remember to keep it light. To drink you can do anything you want.

Also, if you want the dish to look more colourful just slice up some bell peppers or tomatoes. Unless you're making green mole which is usually served a little differently. But I assume you're making brown mole? (should have asked this first :oops: )

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Chicken mole

This sounds interesting - but what's mole?
Where I come from its a small furry animal who burrows under your lawn !
I hope you're not eating cute little Mr Mole :lol:

seashell

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'd do rice or refried beans.

Mole (pronounced MOLE-ay) is a mexican chili sauce that contains unsweetened chocolate and is usually served with meat.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Mole

Thanks for enlightening me, Anissa. Unsweetened chocolate, eh? Never tried that.
If anyone's got time, could you post a recipe?

thanks
seashell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts