Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know things change..but for petes sake.. it totally freaked me out when I opened the new big bag of Chicken Soups for the Cat Lovers Soul.

I purposely got that kind because my cats seemed to love the X shape.
GREAT, now Chicken Soup has changed too.

Unbelievable.

Has anyone had any problems if they changed and/or are using the new shape? Or do they seem to like it better.

Maxie and Lexie ate it..but I just bought a BIG ole bag..I hope they keep liking it.

Hope its the same formula..gonna check...because that's bogus if they changed that too! Should be a BIG SIGN on it anyhow..so we know!

Ohhhhhh grrrrrrrrrrrr .. why do so many have to change their darn product?!

Ok..done with my rant. I may be overracting...lol ..and yes need to chill..but I cant stand when products change.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And especially when some cats are very picky. Why in the heck would they change the shape?! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must have happen just recently, I have a bag I got last month and it's X shaped.
What's the new shape?
It's pebble shaped :-o . Round, like a tablet. Unbelievable. I doubt the place I bought it from can refund me. They don't stock much. I'll just have to hope my kitties like it. Looks like the same ingredients, which would be a huge mistake on their behalf if they changed it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The label they put on it for their NEW shape is TINY! You can barely notice it...

Here's a link to their website: If you look at the picture, that little black round thing at the top is what says" Cats love our new shape" or whatever. Can barely see the picture, but thats about it.

http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/products/cats/dry_food/adult_cat_formula/

This was the first time I bought an 18 pound bag too. I mean you'd think they put a HUGE notice saying something has changed.

Very disappointed and let them know it too, by email. Unreal.

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
My girls wouldn't care if their kibble was puppy-shaped. Charlee doesn't even take the time to chew.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My girls wouldn't care if their kibble was puppy-shaped. Charlee doesn't even take the time to chew.
I don't think my cats would eat anything puppy-shapped either...they don't like dogs too much. Marie, did you mean pebble-shapped? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Nope, I meant puppy-shaped. They don't care what shape their kibble is. :grin:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If the shape is too big, the cat may not chew it, just swallow it whole and that is not good. Learned that with Greenies treats where my cat would gobble it up and when she threw it up you could see the whole pieces of treats. Those big pieces are a choking hazard...I will never give to my cats again!

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
If the shape is too big, the cat may not chew it, just swallow it whole and that is not good.
Most cats don't chew anyway. Their teeth are designed for tearing, not chewing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts