• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Just thought I should get a discussion going on good books about pets and/or cats.

All my life I've never been one to read books, UNTIL they started the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. The problem I've always had with reading is I read so slow and sometimes have poor comprehension skills that a novel can't hold my attention. The Chicken Soup books are great! Most of the stories are an average of 3 pages long.

Anyway, knowing how much of an animal lover I am, a couple of birthdays ago my mom gave me Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul and Chicken Soup for the Cat & Dog Lover's Soul. These are an excellent read!!! If you're sappy like I am, I suggest keeping a box of tissues nearby whenever opening one of these books. These books are DEFINITELY good for keeping the pores open in your face! :lol:

I truly believe in the healing powers that can come from having a pet. They have such a knack for knowing what we're feeling and they're always there to comfort us when times get tough. They seem to make me calmer. I feel so relaxed just talking to my cats or having one sit on my lap.

I also subscribed to a Chicken Soup daily story through E-mail. They're really neat. I've been keeping my eye out in the book stores hoping that they will decide to publish another Pet Lover's or Cat & Dog Lover's book. It's great reading about how animals can touch or change a person's life. Animals definitely a wonderful gift from God in my opinion! :wink:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I have never read one of those -- I always thought they looked cheesy. But lately I am always looking for new things to read -- I am a huge reader. I like pretty complicated stories, but I will give these a try next time I'm at the library.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts