Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Considering that I have no job, no prospects, and limited dollars to last me through the next who-knows-how-long, I decided it was intelligent not to get a tree and stand this year. But I've been saving up ornaments for the last five years, waiting for THIS VERY YEAR that I would be putting up my own tree! So what to do?

I have decorated my Charlie Brown Ginko Tree.

Here's the tree overall:

Here's a close up of the main branch:

Sorry, my Ginko lost all of its leaves for the winter...not a single leaf to be found on my Christmas Tree lol. But I'm proud of it. I think it turned out good!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol Heidi n Q. i am glad my kitties don't even bother with it.

if you look at my tree i don't have many ornaments on it. my tree is fake i got it when i worked at walmart 3yrs ago it was after Christmas sale and this is the first time i was able to put it up so i am proud.

TrinityQuiet that actually dose look good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
We always have a real tree, the cats love it. They drink water from the bowl at the bottom, have meetings, engage in minor scuffles and play games under it. When we place the presents around the base we leave a space at the back so they can jump in there and hide/stalk/monitor/sleep. They do knock a few ornaments off but nothing REALLY naughty.
Just kids having fun. :luv

But if we buy one early all the needles have dropped off by Christmas Day so it's traditionally a last minute purchase for us.

We plan on buying one this Friday evening and once it's up and decorated I'll post a picture.

I can't wait to be honest as our furry friends always enjoy having the tree up. :D

Mick.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Oh my, Heidi! Sassy Floofy! :lol:

We've decided we are not having a tree this year.........actually, I decided. This is always a busy time of year for my business, and then Dave's busy job. Plus, we're doing christmas at the kids, and my families. No one is coming this year. Dave never helps, so I'm going on strike, and deciding I don't want to put it all up!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm not having a tree this year either, but I did spend quite a bit of money having the fireplace worked on...new cap/dampner/liner. I'm having some custom glass doors being made as well which I hope will be done by x-mas. I did decorate the hearth with some lights, but that didn't last long. :(

Just having a toasty fire this year will be enough for me. My only immediate family is overseas this year and I seriously doubt anyone will be dropping by anyway. Okay by me, I grow tired of the cat hair complaints.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
here's our tree. The past several years I've been buying several ornaments on clearance after Christmas, but this is the first time in 4-5 yrs that I've had a tree to put them on.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thank you :D

For an artificial tree, it was really easy to put together... it was one of those pre-lit kind with the branches permanently attached to the middle....so all you have to do is fold them down instead of trying to match up to correct branches with the right spot and then put it all together without it falling apart. Thats worth the added expense if you ask me! The only thing its missing is the fresh cut pine smell... do you think they make that scent of air freshener? hehe :lol:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here is ours :)

I blurred out my boyfriend's name on the stocking :lol: Sorry, I'm weird haha. You guys all know mine already :)

And none of the gifts under the tree are for us. :lol: They're all for us to take down our family. They're just under there to make the tree look pretty.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
My favorite is Trinity Quiet's. That looks so cool!

This is mine:
[attachment=0:1qwy7q06]Christmas tree.jpg[/attachment:1qwy7q06]
It is a fake tree that we went and got at an after Christmas sale for about 75% off. I hate to pay full price for things. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I absolutely LOVE your vaulted ceiling, Sue, is that a 10-foot tree, maybe 12? Beautiful!

Here's our tree, almost entirely decorated with homemade ornaments and a Christmasy paper chain instead of garland. The kids were really proud of it. It took all of us 4 hours to put that paper chain together! We decided to cut out the expense of a real tree this year and resurrected the artificial one more time. If you look close enough, there are a few spots that didn't fluff real well and you can see through the tree so I would hope that by next year we get a new artificial.

(Thanks, Heidi, for reminding me to post the link - duh!)

http://web.ndak.net/joschmo/Tree.jpg

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
Jo... Did you forget the pic? I don't see a tree...

Katlover13...have I seen your Xmas tree at Horse City? :D
Heidi
:oops: Yes, I did. It's been a long week. I'll load the pic as soon as I get out of this message.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts