Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancee is taking Cinnamon to get spayed today. Should I stay home with her while she recuperates? I'm not sure how the other cat is going to react to her when she's recovering. And I have no sure what entails with this since I've never taken a cat to be fixed before. I've only had non spayed cats or already spayed cats. Any advice would be helpful please!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I stayed home with my girls the day after they were fixed...not that they were necessarily happy to see me right afterwards..haha, but I just wanted to make sure they were ok for the first 24 hours afterwards....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey sleek,

I would recommend to stay at home.
I do not think that the reaction of the other cat would be very strong. I made the experience that either she will take care of her or she will ingnore her and hiss at her. So did my Tinka when Luna was spayed.

But another point for me would be more important.
The cat will have no control over her body during the next few hours and this could be dangerous. Cats love to withdraw and try to jump. They can really get injured by trying this.

If you do not have the possibility to leave the cat at the vet's (my vet enables this) you should better stay at home if possible.

Regards,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the humane society is the one that's done this. they have a free spay day. we're hoping that they keep her for a few hours at least. cocoa the other cat is normally pretty chill and cinnamon is usually the instigator in most disasters around the apartment heh
im just worried. cinnamon's generally pretty active and if she tears her stitches. she got really freaked out being in the carrier.

thanks so much for the advice. it's much appreciated. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
get the gell stuff....sutra I think it's called. instead of stitches....if you can. Also, be careful that their litter (if it's clay and/or crystals) doesn't get into the cut....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay just got an update. we're picking her up tomorrow morning. they're going to keep her over night, what should i expect when we get her tomorrow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts