Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. My 3 -3.5 year old semi-feral cat recently required surgery for the manual removal of stool. He was blocked solid and no amount of enemas or Miralax was working. He's much better now but I want to avoid that scenario again.
The vet, who was wonderful, put the cat on lactulose, Miralax, and cisapride. Finished the bottle of lactulose. Now he's getting 1/4 teaspoon of Miralax once a day and the cisapride. My confusion is the dosage. The bottle of cisapride reads "Give 0.25ML, (2.5MG), orally three times a day. Growing up in a country that relies on ounces and cups, milliliters and milligrams confuse me to no end. Am I mistaken, but is 0.25ML just a few drops?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I would give your vet a quick call for clarification

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've started giving my cats 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of lecithin granules once a day for furballs and I noticed when I was giving it twice a day their stools were loose. So lecithin granules are good for constipation.

Go to your local pharmacy and ask for some 1 ml syringes without the needles. They're marked off by .1-1.0ml. You shouldn't be charged more than a few cents per syringe.

It probably is a good idea to call the vet tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts