Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo! My 2 yr old cat has a sore that appeared when I had her operated and declawed up front a month ago. It"s on her cheek. She also had some on her forehead, lower jaw and one ear, but they all healed well. She keeps scratching this one as soon as it closes up. The vet gave her Clavamox 125 mg. . morning and night (1/2 pill). She weighs 7 lbs.This morning she has diarrhea. First time ever. But other than that is hungry and in an excellent mood, interested in the birds outside. Could this be a side effect? Out on the Québec North sore here, no vet till mon am. So maybe someone has a clue? The site for Clavamox only mentions nausea.
Havagoodday, all, and merci!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
It's not uncommon for medications of any sort to cause diarrhea in cats and dogs (and people for that matter!).

Keep an eye on it, if after a day or two it doesn't start to get better, you may want to inquire with your vet. If she is otherwise eating and drinking as normal you should be okay. Be sure she is drinking, you don't want her to get dehydrated...if she's not drinking much, you may be able to help keep her hydrated with some extra wet food. However, if it's not already part of her diet, I don't know that I'd go changing anything when she's already having tummy issues.

Good luck!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Declaw

Did you say you had your cat declawed? Hope not, but if you did, please educate yourself on the subject and don't ever do that to an animal again. As far as the Clavamox, yes, it causes stomach upset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts