Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitten has a URI and is on Clavamox - the liquid - the one you DON'T mix with water. My boyfriend put it in the cupboard last night instead of the refrigerator :roll: - therefore making it cool down to room temperature....does anyone know if this could affect the effectiveness of the medication???

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I'm not familiar with that particular medication, but I know a lot of prescription drugs can be adversely affected by improper storage. Could you call the vet and ask? The medication could be be spoiled or no longer effective. Considering how much fun it is to give medication to animals, I am sure you want to know you are giving them good effective doses of the drug.
Hopefully it is fine and you can still give it. If not I hope it wasn't too expensive!
Good luck, hope your kitty is on the mend soon! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The medicine isn't yellow at all...it's white. Does this still mean it is ineffective?? I would just go pick up some new medicine but the office is closed until Tuesday and I don't want him to get any worse ==>

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's only my interpretation, but it appeared that Dr. Jean was saying a yellow color indicated it was no good. She did say "if it has a yellowish cast, throw it away".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts