Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys thing of claw caps ?

Pro/con? Are they safe? Are cats annoyed by them?

Naturally it would severely impede a cat's climbing abilities which is a big no no for outdoor cats, i'm interested in the indoor cat perspective.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I don't see the need for them. Before I got cats, one of my big worries and excuses for not getting one sooner was I didn't want them ruining my furniture. I thought I'd have to buy claw caps and that sounded expensive.

Anyways all I do is clip their nails down really short (avoiding the quick!), this way even if they did try to scratch the furniture, they wouldn't do any damage.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We got some of those. They do work .. but for indoor cats sometimes they work TOO good.

If you have a cat tree, expect that they will take a fall or 4. It's kinda sad, and dangerous really. We did it once, never again. Not worth a broken leg, or worse.

Now we just trim their claws with the nippers .. so they don't have dagger feet that get hung in stuff when they walk across it .. but they can still grip enough to climb the trees.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have a cat tree, expect that they will take a fall or 4. It's kinda sad, and dangerous really. We did it once, never again. Not worth a broken leg, or worse.
Seven already falls out of the cat tree occasionally... usually because he rolls on his back and forgets where the edge is.
Last thing i want is to make it even worse so I guess that settles it, Seven will have to put up with periodic claw trimming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.