Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this statement by Clay Aiken:
PETA's rage was ignited after the seemingly mild-mannered Aiken admitted his disdain for all things kitty, saying in a much-publicized quote, "I think cats are Satan. There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about 16, I had a kitten and ran over it."
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,12960,00.html?tnews

Don't let him get away with killing a cat.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ugh. :x I already hated the song that he has coming out on the radio.
The stupid thing is, why would you even admit to doing something like that? Does he think it's acceptable?! :evil:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I wrote him a letter, I will give you some of the highlights. Let me know what you think..
[to clay aiken]
I watched you on American Idol whith my daughters. They really liked you and wanted you to win. You have to understand that they are young and impresionable and dont know any better.
So what if one of my daughters read or heard about your opinion about cats? They love their cats, so how would this make them feel?
Also, what if some young boy decides to go out and run over a cat because of what you said? This cat would probably be owned by a little girl or an old lady. How would this affect those people?
You tried out to be an American Idol, you wanted young people to look up to you. How do you think you should behave? The things you say matter to thease children. You are acting no better than Brittney.
So what do you think the outcome may be? My children arent allowed to watch you, or buy a CD you make. Is this what you wanted or expected?
I dont think it is wrong to have a personal opinion, however the role of American Idol is a role you wanted. I would really suggest before you speak publicly you think about what you wan tto say and how it will affect people.

That was only kinda breifing the letter, but you got the point. I sen t it from clicking the link above to his website and then clicking contact. Does he recive those letters?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I haven't read the details yet - but it is sad for somebody to say something like this.
That is a very good point of view, Lilly. The power of the uttered word is so strong and it is hard to take it back. This why we need to think twice before we speak.
And about celebrities - you have really got your hand on the spot there- because the power of the spoken work goes to a larger scale.
There is an university professor in Romania whom I very much admire. He once very modestly said ( on an educational show on Romanian TV ) that it is so overwhelming to know that what you say can influence the masses - in a good or bad way
I was so touched by his modesty for he is a learned and respectful person

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I never liked him and him saying that about cats even makes me look down on him more than before. I'm glad my bf never liked him either, he is such an A**, sorry bout the language but thats the first thing that comes to mind. :evil:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
He is such a cowardly little twerp. He probably feels like a big man after saying/doing something like that. I didn't have an opinion on his music one way or the other until now. I think his music sucks! What an idiot - yes, and what an example to set for the youngsters that watch and listen to him. Loser!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I don't buy music cd's or tapes in that field, but as a music teacher I can tell you in all fairness (from a musician's point of view,) that he is a better singer than he is a human being. He had a chance to be among the rich and famous, but I think he just ruined it. I think he just gave up a chance in a million. How horrible to brag about running over any living thing! I don't think we should stoop to considering that kind of revenge--unless, as Richo pictured, it was an accident--with a kitty at the wheel.

The people who MIGHT appreciate his statement would never have gone to see one of his concerts. His audience would have been lovers of melody and good vocal tones, not killing animals. Even Ozzie only did it once, according to him. I hope he gets all the success he deserves-none.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Actually I had read that Ozzy was supposed to have been given a prop bat at the time of the famous incident (but wasn't), and he was as horrified as the media was when it happened. And from then on (cause of all the hype it caused) he "repeated" the stunt using prepared animals (as in they were already dead or fake).

Not that that makes it any better, but it put my mind at ease a bit knowing that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i couldn't get the link to work, but that's just as well, it would probably send my bp up real high!

is he serious???!!

how can anyone in their right mind purposely run over a cat, especially a little kitten!
he talks about satan, i think he is satan!!! :x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts