Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's one thing i hate.. is thoroughly cleaning the litterbox. Since I have a littermaid, I have to get in all those little spaces and inbetween the scooper. My litterbox is clean now though! But the bathtub isnt :oops: Didn't know it was that dirty!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is this littermaid worth it? I have been thinking about getting one but it seems to have a very narrow place for the cats to do their "business" in. Which size do you have? Is it big enough? How many times do you have to clean it :?: Does it work with all clumping litters :?:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I love my littermaid. I had my first one for 5 years before the motor quit on me. I have 2 cats and 2 litterboxes, one littermaid and one regular box. I have the 900 seris littermaid litterbox. I clean both my litterboxes once a week, I should probably clean the regular one more often...but I don't. It does take me longer to clean the littermaid than it does to clean my regular hooded box, cleaning off the rake and in all the crevices. But during the week, the littermaid box is always clean and smells fine. Where as the regular box is dirty and smells worse and worse.

Any clumping litter will work, but some work better than others. I still haven't decided which one works best for the littermaid. They sell the containers that the litter is put into, which are pricey, $15 for 12 containers, but I line mine with those garbage bags on a rolls...400 bags for $2.00, the 4 oz garbage bags...so I only buy a refill on the containers once every 2 years or so.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have four cats, they all love the littermaid. Oreo and Teddy can't wait til I put the new litter in.. Really. They stand in it as I pour the litter in it! With my 4 cats, I clean it twice a week.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I think the Littermaid is God's gift to cat "owners.!" :) If I were to buy a new one, now that I'm feeding more canned food, I'd buy the Mega size. I have a large now. I don't throw away the receptacles every week either. The price of those is ridiculous. They're just a hunk of plastic, not lined in gold... :?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I used to love the LitterMaid and gave it my highest recommendation. When it works, it's great, but I've had bad luck. My first LitterMaid broke as soon as it was out of warranty. I begrudgingly replaced it and sure enough, my second one is already broken. It's a pain in the butt to get them replaced, and I'm about to give up on automatic litterboxes for now.

I've heard great things about the Litter Robot, but it's out of my price range right now. :?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Or a cement mixer. Thanks for the link, Padunk. And yeah, it's just the most aggravating thing to have something break down right after warranty - it's always that way. :evil:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I was about to start a thread about this new cat box I heard about, but I think I'll put it here instead. This was in my email this morning: http://www.felinediabetes.com/pet-supplies/cat-litter-box.htm. It's perfect for diabetic cats because it collects the urine so you can test it more easily and then flush it down the toilet. Plus the litter lasts up to six months! I don't have the money for it right now, but it seems pretty affordable. Maybe in a few months I'll get one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts