Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is different with their sensitivity, so this is a general question.

My niece is coming to stay for a night. She is mildly allergic to cats, though she and her husband have 2 and she takes allergy shots.

My cat sleeps in the second bedroom, on the bed/sheets where my niece will be sleeping.

Should washing the sheets a couple times remove the allergens from them? Obviously my niece has some tolerance, but I thought that since she'd be directly on the sheets that the cat sleeps on it might have a stronger effect.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Wash all the bedding in hot water, and don't use any fabric softener or dryer sheets (they may aggravate an allergy). Clean the room well especially the floor and all surface areas. If you have carpet on the floor, vaccum it well. While your niece is there keep the bedroom door closed and off limits to the cat. She should be able to have a comfortable night.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wash all the bedding in hot water, and don't use any fabric softener or dryer sheets (they may aggravate an allergy). Clean the room well especially the floor and all surface areas. If you have carpet on the floor, vaccum it well. While your niece is there keep the bedroom door closed and off limits to the cat. She should be able to have a comfortable night.
She can close the door if she likes. Like I said, she has cats so I don't thing that the casual house exposure should e a problem, I was mostly concerned with the contact with the sheets.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sister(her mom) says she'll be fine. I guess I'm set.

Mods can close this threads id they'd like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts