Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teddy was laying behind my head when I started hearing clicking noise. I put my ear up against him and he's the one making it! What would cause it, can cats grind their teeth?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Tony grinds his teeth. I posted a question about this a while ago, but no one answered. :( So I'm wondering too, is it a problem? Anything I can do to get Tony to stop?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Cats *can* grind their teeth. Sometimes this is due to tummy pain; they also get a condition similar to TMJ, and of course a toothache could cause it too. I'd have them checked out by the vet.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he DID get in toothpaste the other day, but not much. He was foaming in the mouth but I managed to get it washed out(my poor arms). But this was maybe a week ago, could it have caused a long-term affect? 8O He was acting completely fine after I washed him off, besides the fact from being wet, so I didn't go to the vet.

I thought I'd had, his ears are driving him nuts too, but I can't find any sign of ear mites

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sometimes my kitties make chattering noises while they sleep. I've always assumed that they are dreaming about a particularly tasty bird since it is the same sound they make while "hunting".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts