Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I know its probably just me worrying over nothing, but the last few days Sherbert has seemed clingier then usual. He has always been a lap cat, has always insisted on being somewhere close by. Usually sleeps next to me onthe bed, alot of the times under the blanket. Follows me from room to room. All this is normal behavior for him. Now for the last couple of days he has seemed OCDed about it. he doesn't just sit on me he sits ON me. Running to hop on my lap before I can even settle down. instead of sleeping by me he slept ON me all night.. I would turn over, he would be right back instantly.. If I set him aside he instant turns and clambers back on. If i lay down instead of sit.. he sits ON me..I think you can see what i mean.

he is eating normally as far as I can tell. drinking, using the litter. Doesn't SEEM to be in any pain. but sorta LOOKs older, maybe he is feeling his age?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you think he might be wanting attention and feels like he's not getting it because of the kittens? (I'm not saying you're not paying attention to him, but maybe he feels like they are getting more of Mommy than he is getting?)

I hope it's nothing, good vibes to Sherbert.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He took a good long nap on my lap and is back to his old self.. i think he just hadn't been sleeping deeply due to his deafness and wanted a spot to relax. Or so it seems that way. He has never been jealous of kittens and has been through quite a few and knows they are moving on through.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think there's something in the air.. Lexi has been extra clingy for the past week too. It must be "National be extra clingy to your human week" and we didn't get the memo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts