Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our family has taken in a stray which is less than a year old. We did not know at the time but she was pregnant. We now have 6 kittens and mom (which is a kitten if you ask me). She was very sweet before having the kittens. However, she is now too sweet. I understand cats rub their loved ones to “mark” them with their scent. However, her running is constant like annoying constant. With everyone in the family constant under our feet. Following us everywhere. I mean it does not stop unless she is nursing then right back on us. Also her feces is the worse smelling poop I have EVER smelled. I was raised on a working farm with livestock etc. We had cats of course both inside and out and dogs both inside and out plus all the horses, cows, chickens, pig, goats, etc. It is horrible. I mean one dropping can make you want to throw up. I had her on inside cat food from Purina I think now I have her on Diamond Maintenance food for more nutrition for the kittens. I can’t stand it. It can’t be normal. Her behavior can’t be normal. She’s tripped myself and my son several times being so clingy. Every step she is there. Bathroom times means she’s wrapped around your legs. I don’t know what to do with her with her behavior and her stank poop. Please help me y’all!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can't help you re the stinky poop. You probably should take a sample to a vet.

I have a foster cat who was a tripping hazard the first few weeks he was in my home. He had a skin infection that had to be cultured, and he didn't get a lot of hands-on attention during that time because we were worried about it being ringworm. Turned out it wasn't so I started giving him lots of hugs and petting. The desperate winding around our ankles has pretty much stopped. I suggest that you and your family pick her up whenever you can, especially when you're trying to walk. At least if you're carrying her, she can't trip you!

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Yes, definitely get her poop tested at the vet, possibly she has worms or something It would be better for her and the kittens, if you can feed herr a good quality canned food "for kittens" as it is higher in protein and fat, since she is still growing herself and nursing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts