Cat Forum banner

Close the Door, Stupid!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dweamgoil 
#1 ·
As all of you know, you NEVER know what your cat (s) is going to be up to. Just when you think you've got them figured out, they throw a monkey wrench in your whole way of thinking.

So, yesterday morning my 8 year old goes to use the bathroom. She finds Lacey on the seat, nothing out of the ordinary. When she went to pick her up to move her aside so my daughter could use the toilet, Lacey was apparently in the middle of a #2. My daughter called out to the rest of us. Lacey looked so mortified as if to say: Can someone PLEASE close the door?!? It was the funniest thing.

Once she was finished, she scurried off, but what the ___? No one taught her how to go in the toilet. Is this something that will stick with her? or a just a try it once kind of thing? I tell ya there is always something new with these cats...lol

#3 ·
wow, I heard cats can be trained to use the toilet, but to do it on her own! Maybe she's emulating her humans.

I'd love to teach my kitties this trick, but around here we don't put cat excrement down the drain as there could be parasites (same ones that can cause birth defects in humans, starts with a 'T', can't think of the name right now) that can infect and kill the sea otters. Waste treatment plants don't kill it, and our waste water ends up in Pacific.

#5 ·
wow! i've only heard of a cat learning to do that on his own one other time and that was in a book by some cat sitter in NYC. that's crazy she was using the toilet! poor lacey being subjected to an audience while she took care of business. how humiliating! i am always sure to get out of sight or at least have my back to Angel when she's in her litterbox. i wouldn't want anyone watching me. gracious! wonder if she'll try that again sometime?

#7 ·
Does she flush too? I saw a youtube of a cat that taught itself to flush the toilet. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.